installation of cdrecord needs an user "bin"

Fernando Arbeiza arbeizaf at ono.com
Wed Oct 3 21:43:35 PDT 2001

Hi,

after installing LFS 3.0 I've tried to install cdrecord in order to burn a CD
to install LFS as I've read in the Boot-CD hint.

When I was installing cdrecord, the compilation fails because of the lack of
an user called "bin".

My question is:

Should I change the Makefile's and make root the owner of the files, or is it
useful to create the user bin? I mean, is the user and group "bin" used by
many other packages in order to allow other users but the root to execute
that programs?

Thanks in advance,

Fernando Arbeiza
Cantabria, Spain