Get counted

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Oct 3 12:47:42 PDT 2001

On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 06:53:37AM +0200, Øyvind Repvik wrote:
> At 18:47 02.10.2001 -0400, you wrote:
> >On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 05:17:58PM -0500, E. Joyce wrote:
> > > But it did okay with 2.x.x. Maybe ^\d(\.(\d|x)){,2} instead of the first 2
> > > conditions in your regex would do it? I'm a bit rusty on regexes, so
> > I'm not
> > > positive.
>
> LFS Counter
>
> Invalid value for Name
> Input string was: Øyvind Repvik
> which didn't match the following regular
>                                  expression:
> ^(\w+[\s\w\-\.]*\w+)*$
> Back
>

> I assume that means I can't register with my real name. That's a shame, though.

Sorry about that. Right now only characters that belong to English alphabet
are allowed. I could compile a long long list with all the accented letters
from all the different languages around the world, but that would be too
long of a list.

If I would allow you to enter any character, you could enter strings like
"(&!%(&(@&%(@)%;908173591" which clearly isn't a name. Also, this
strictness disallows the use of ; $ and such chars which could be used to
construct an sql query to do things like drop the database.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org