FW: Building glibc error LFS 3.0

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Oct 3 12:44:58 PDT 2001

On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 07:53:26AM +0200, Marcel Foortjes wrote:
> Do I realy need mawk to build glibc ? I can't find /usr/bin/mawk on my
> host-system.

You don't need mawk perse, but you do need an awk implementation. See if
your host system has /usr/bin/awk or /usr/bin/gawk - glibc checks for awk,
mawk and gawk. The reason we choose mawk is because it's better than gawk
(less installation problems history, better performance).

Problems installing mawk should be moved to the lfs-support list.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org