KDE 2.2 - Kdelibs artsd seg fault

Gregory Davis gdavis7 at umbc.edu
Wed Oct 3 11:47:58 PDT 2001

I did audiofile, but I still get segfaults.  XMMS doesn't use arts, and it
works fine.  Perhaps the problem lies in what sound architecture we are
using.  I am using ALSA 0.9.6 beta7.  KDE doesn't support greater than 0.5,
so I think I need an OSS compatiblity workaround.  That appears to be a
royal pain in the ass, and I have yet to sit down and attempt it.  Also,
now that I did audiofile and have libxml2, I didn't compile kdesupport
(hasn't been one since 2.1).  Maybe that has domething to do with it.

"Just thinkin out loud,"
Greg

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org