gears

Jared Kidd jaredkidd at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 3 09:15:18 PDT 2001

I know you don't have the same, or even a similar card then me, but I found
that installing XFree86 4.1.0 (latest), compiling a custom kernel on my
system, and compiling glide3x specificly for/on my system (i have a voodoo5)
speeds things up a whole LOT.  Another thing that helps a lot is using a low
cpu window manager (windowmaker).  When I'm in gnome, things (3d) run a lot
slower and jerky.  But if I use windowmaker when playing games they run
"perfectly".