[SATLUG] Kernel

Jason Gurtz jason at tommyk.com
Wed Oct 3 07:23:26 PDT 2001

> Just got Mandrake on my new spiffy computer, compiled a new
> kernel (want LFS
> dude!), and it don't boot. Runs through all the steps up to:
> "Uncompressing
> linux...OK, booting kernel" (or something very similar) and
> then it just sits
> there.

I've heard that a newer version of MDK ay have a bug in it's
installation where it doesn't update fstab correctly or something.  A
boot floppy whould come in handy, or perhaps at the boot promt you can
use root=/path/to/rootPart to get it up.  Maybe the MDK CD has a rescue
mode?  Or perhaps Toms RTBT floppies

~Jason

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org