Programs run from terminal but not from menu

Steve Bougerolle steveb at creek-and-cowley.com
Wed Oct 3 01:29:21 PDT 2001

Another problem solved...

The reason this ran from a terminal was that terminals are started with the
"NO_XALF" option.  (Presumably commands from the Run menu also skip Xalf).
When I set my two trouble-making menu entries to be NO_XALF as well, the
problem disappeared.

Along the way I discovered from the Xalf home page that the version which
ships with GNOME is way out of date.  One can download Xalf 0.12 now, as
compared to 0.7 in GNOME 1.4

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org