FW: Building glibc error LFS 3.0

Marcel Foortjes m.foortjes at cid.nl
Tue Oct 2 22:53:26 PDT 2001

Marcel Foortjes wrote:

> When building glibc I got the following error :
>
> /dev/null linuxthreads/sysdeps/pthread/Subdirs sysdeps/unix/inet/Subdirs
> sysdeps/unix/Subdirs >
> /usr/src/glibc-build/sysd-dirs-tmp
> /bin/sh: BEGIN { subdirs = ""; inhibit = "" };                   /^#/ {
> next };                                          /^[^-]/ { subdirs =
> subdirs " " $0 };        /^-/ { inhibit = inhibit " " substr($0, 2) };
> END { printf "sysdep-subdirs =%s\n", subdirs;           printf
> "sysdep-inhibit-subdirs =%s\n", inhibit;      print "sysd-dirs-done = t"
> }: No such file or directory
> make[1]: *** [/usr/src/glibc-build/sysd-dirs] Error 127
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/glibc-2.2.4'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> I have no name!:/usr/src/glibc-build#
>
> Can someone tell me what is wrong here ?
>
> Marcel

Hello Marcel,

Your implementation of mawk is wrong.  Either you forgot it or it is not
statically linked.

Check in the $LFS/usr/bin  for mawk;  if it is there do ldd mawk to see
what is wrong with it.

Then rebuild mawk statically; and repeat your glibc build

Chris

Chris,

Thanks for your reply. I didn't build mawk because I went in a loop with
this one.
Some background. I'm trying to build a LFS-system on an IBM mainframe using
Turbo Linux for S/390 6.5.1 as the host system. As I said when building mawk
it goes in a loop while checking handling of floating point exceptions. See
following console output :

[root at linux2 mawk-1.3.3]# ./configure &&
> make CC="gcc -static" &&
> make BINDIR=$LFS/usr/bin \
> MANDIR=$LFS/usr/share/man/man1 install
creating cache ./config.cache
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for -lm... yes
checking for byacc... byacc
checking compiler supports void*... yes
checking compiler groks prototypes... yes
checking for working const... yes
checking for stddef.h... yes
getting size_t from <stddef.h>
checking for fcntl.h... yes
checking for errno.h... yes
checking for time.h... yes
checking for stdarg.h... yes
checking for memcpy... yes
checking for strchr... yes
checking for strerror... yes
checking for vfprintf... yes
checking for strtod... yes
checking for fmod... yes
checking for matherr... yes
checking for limits.h... yes
checking return type of signal handlers... void
checking handling of floating point exceptions
        division by zero does not generate an exception

Do I realy need mawk to build glibc ? I can't find /usr/bin/mawk on my
host-system.

Marcel

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org