Get counted

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Oct 2 12:35:25 PDT 2001

Hi guys,

Some of you may have heard about the 'lfs counter' that would be setup.
Well, version 0.1 of it is ready and running at
http://linuxfromscratch.org/cgi-bin/lfscounter.cgi

What does it give you? Nothing really, just an attempt to find out how many
people are using LFS. Parsing webserver and ftp server log files won't
really give us an idea how many people are using LFS, because there are a
lot of "repeat customers" so to speak. Not that this counter will really be
accurate, it all depends on how many people will take the time to fill out
their name, but it'll just get me the lowest number of people using LFS
(assuming that all entries are proper and nobody cheats by entering 100
names).

And if nothing else, this is also the very first perl program I've ever
written, so I did learn some good things from making it (and I'll be making
changes to it as we go, as suggestions come in, etc).

remind me, these are almost the exact same words I said when I started LFS
("If nothing else, at least i learned how to use sgml")

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org