Cross compiling

Nicholas Dille rakshas at quietu.de
Tue Oct 2 10:03:32 PDT 2001

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 05:08:20PM +0100, Chris Lingard wrote:
> John McSwain wrote:

<snip />

> > On the k6-200 the kernel will load and then when it mounts the root file
> > system it hangs.  Besides the uname hack I had CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS set to
> > "-O3 -march=i586" on all builds.

<snip />

> Since it is hanging in the scripts checkfs and mountfs, called from rcS.d I

<snip />

well, this does not necessarily mean that one of the init scripts it hanging although i admit that it is a possible source of error.
but my experience with crosscompiling and the way i interpret john's description tells me that init causes a signal 4 (illegal instruction) exception and the kernel hangs.
that would of course happen right after / is initially mount ro. the place you mention would be when checkfs remounts / rw but as i said i don't think that is the place to look for the problem.

nic.

--
rakshas dot quietude / 7793747 / rakshas dot de
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org