GCC-3.0.1

lost at l-w.net lost at l-w.net
Tue Oct 2 08:58:14 PDT 2001

On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, jerry wrote:

> The strangest thing I have found is the situation with X4.1.
> After I do  the normal make world /install, I have to change gcc to g++
> and remake directory and then make install again. I believe this was in
> the glxinfo (glx something or other) dir.
> It would not work if I changed gcc to g++ before the first make world.
> When this worked for me , I did
> not look any farther for a rational explanation, but I am sure there
> is a proper fix. I will probably look for it myself it I get some time.

One of the libraries that X builds is written in C++. They link it
separately so the linker doesn't know it needs libstdc++ so it doesn't get
linked. The link line for that particular library needs -lstdc++ added to
it. I can't remember which library it was but glx seems familiar.

William Astle
finger lost at l-w.net for further information

Geek Code V3.12: GCS/M/S d- s+:+ !a C++ UL++++$ P++ L+++ !E W++ !N w--- !O
!M PS PE V-- Y+ PGP t+@ 5++ X !R tv+@ b+++@ !DI D? G e++ h+ y?

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org