gears

Øyvind Repvik mlists at netcom.no
Tue Oct 2 08:31:22 PDT 2001

> > Question - how *do* you get that kind of frame rate?
>
>Antoher question... Everyone is so keen to get Quake3 running at over
>200FPS. why? The monitor only displays (say)75-120 frames/sec.

Because your framerate drops drastically when you enter large open areas,
meet opponents etc. I've got 80 FPS in counter-strike. This falls down to
around 20 when I'm in combat.
(Dual pII400 w/GeForce2MX400).

The more stuff (i.e polygons), the lower performance. If you get your FPS
up to 200, you might have 50FPS in a hefty battle, which is half the
refresh-rate my monitor can handle in 800x600.

Øyvind Repvik
Phone: +47 99389004

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org