startx

Jan Stifter j.stifter at medres.ch
Tue Oct 2 04:37:02 PDT 2001

This is in the faq. It has something to do with 2 versions of
"hostname", one coming from sh-utils, one coming fron net-utils, IIRC.
the one from sh-utils doesnt understand -f option, so if you call
hostname -f "bla" your hostname will be set to "-f".

Mayybe, your $PATH as root is taking the hostname from sh-utils.

jan

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org