My Nightmare weekend with LFS

Andy Blower andy.blower at sopheon.com
Tue Oct 2 00:41:40 PDT 2001

Are you sure? I used fdisk and did not ask it to reorder the table, so entry
2 (hdb2, 2nd primary partition) is cyls 1 to 5 and entry 1 (hdb1, 1st
primary partition) is cyls 6 to 200 or thereabouts.

Did I misunderstand something? Will Linux bootup take these in a different
order to what fdisk reports?

> 03:01 is i believe hda1

Yes I need to check the lilo config I used but I didn't get a chance last
night as I was using a mates loaned PC and his spare HD space to backup the
most valuable stuff from the windows disk. Oh boy what fun - lots of
compressing.

Thanks for reading - I will try some stuff tonight and get back to you all.

Andy
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org