GCC-3.0.1

Kusli kusli at rocketmail.com
Mon Oct 1 23:56:30 PDT 2001

Yes, I built my whole LFS with GCC 3.0.1

There are some issues (like g++ doesn't like the -I/usr/include parameter,
etc...) but I could compile pretty much everything, up to gnome (not yet
completely, still missing gnome-admin, gnome-network, etc..) with
enligthenment.

I'm not yet sure, but I thought I read somewhere that libraries built with
GCC 3.x are no longer compatible with those (or the binaries) built with GCC
2.x. (And therefore you would have to setup the whole LFS with GCC 3.0.1 or
not at all). Could someone please confirm that?

Markus