My Nightmare weekend with LFS

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Oct 1 10:27:12 PDT 2001

On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 08:49:42AM +0100, Andy Blower wrote:
> Okay then, only thing left is to junk this drive (its got nothing of use
> left on it now anyway)... So swap in 3rd drive so the LFS partition on here
> (was hdc1) becomes hdb1. So, just need to create /dev/hdb2. Unfortunately
> the hdb1 LFS partition took up half the disk, and the boot partition needs
> to be below some limit I remember reading, according to the redhat install..
> so I resized and moved the LFS partition up by 36Mb and created hdb2 at the
> start of the disk - installed files and lilo. This tested that the resize

you created hdb2 at the start of the disk. It then became hdb1. The hdb1
that took half your disk will now be hdb2. Make sure you update lilo
accordingly to use hdb2 instead of hdb1 now.

> .... stuff ... normal .... stuff ...
> [MS-DOS FS Rel 12, FAT 16,check=n,conv=b,uid=0,gid=0,umask=000]
> [me=0xf8,cs=4,#f=2,fs=1,fl=12,ds=25,de=512,data=57,se=32,ts=0,ls=512,rc=0,fc
> =4294967295]
> Transaction block size = 512

03:01 is i believe hda1

dos errors happen at my end too because i use reiserfs instead of ext2 or
something like that. But the errors I get aren't as fatal, I merely get:

FAT: bogus logical sector size 0
FAT: bogus logical sector size 0
reiserfs: checking transaction log (device 03:02) ...

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org