telnet client

J.A. Neitzel jan.listbox at belvento.org
Mon Oct 1 09:34:40 PDT 2001

Scott Haugaard wrote:
> Anybody compiled a telnet client for LFS? Which one?  I tried to compile
> netkit-telnet-0.17 without luck.  Since this is from the same package (netkit
> -.17) that the LFS netkit-base-0.17 comes from, I figured it should compile
> ok.  My error is:
> make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/netkit-telnet-0.17/telnet'
> gcc  commands.o main.o network.o ring.o sys_bsd.o telnet.o terminal.o
> tn3270.o utilities.o genget.o environ.o netlink.o -lutil -lutil -lncurses -o
> telnet
> telnet.o: In function `my_setupterm(char const *, int, int *)':
> telnet.o(.text+0xe7f): undefined reference to `tgetent(char *, char const *)'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I don't usually install telnet, but I just did a test compile because
I was curious if it would work. It compiled fine; I tested that it was
functional; it functions fine; I didn't install it though.

>From your error messages up there... It sounds like a ncurses problem.
You may want to check that you have all the ncurses libs in the proper
locations and that all the links are set up correctly... Maybe run
/sbin/ldconfig ???
--
Jeff

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org