devfs and bootscripts...

Ian Molton imolton at clara.net
Mon Oct 1 03:41:49 PDT 2001

On stardate Mon, 1 Oct 2001 12:35:48 +0200
Nicholas began the full scale invasion of earth with the following words:

> same here. you do not need devfsd to use devfs!!!
>
> if devfs was used during compilation of lfs all you can safely dump
> devfsd.

I guess all I'm missing out on is dynamic module loading, but im not too
bothered about that right now. All I had to do was modify /etc/inittab to
use the right devices, and bing! all working.

my bootscript loads all the modules I want, and sets up permissions for
their device nodes.

works for me :)

PS. I had to modify /etc/lilo.conf too :)
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org