--- Makedev / Mknod --- psaux

richard at reika.demon.co.uk richard at reika.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 30 15:02:36 PST 2000

Misquoted from Rob Bercik on Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 04:23:09PM -0500:
> Seth Payne wrote:
>
> > link /dev/psmouse to /dev/mouse and it should work.
> >
> > I ran into the same problem.
> >
> > Seth
>
> I tried that but I have a intellimouse and it doesn't work with psmouse or
> msmouse, i NEED
> psaux

I have gpm and x looking at /dev/psmouse. I just unplugged a Genius
three button mouse, and plugged in a Logitech intellimouse. It
works fine. /usr/src/Documentation/devices.txt shows psaux
is char major 10, minor 1. MAKEDEV makes psmouse char major 10,
minor 1 so try fixing your config files to look at /dev/psmouse,
or link psaux to psmouse

Richard

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org