--- Makedev / Mknod --- psaux

Rob Bercik bercikr at georgetown.edu
Thu Nov 30 14:00:35 PST 2000

"J. Jones" wrote:

> psmouse IS psaux.. you need to do this.
>
> :(03:42pm /dev): ./MAKEDEV -v busmice
> create logimouse        c 10 0 root:sys 666
> create psmouse  c 10 1 root:sys 666
> create msmouse  c 10 2 root:sys 666
> create atimouse c 10 3 root:sys 666
> create jmouse   c 10 4 root:sys 666
>
> If psmouse doesn't work, try msmouse or logimouse.
>
> On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 04:23:09PM -0500, Rob Bercik wrote:
> > Seth Payne wrote:
> >
> > > link /dev/psmouse to /dev/mouse and it should work.
> > >
> > > I ran into the same problem.
> > >
> > > Seth

Yeah,

    When I was editing the makedev script and looking at the major and minor
numbers in devices.txt i realized that it is the same device... Could the name
cause a conflict? The thing is on my redhat system, psaux works, but the
MAKEDEV on my system is not a script it's a binary so I can't really see what
it's doing. I haven't tried it yet after editing the LFS MAKEDEV script to make
psaux instead of psmouse, I'll fill you all in when I try it...I'm sure you'll
all be at the end of your seats.

-Rob

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org