kernel-x.test10: oldconfig

richard at reika.demon.co.uk richard at reika.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 30 04:41:55 PST 2000

Misquoted from Erika Pacholleck on Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 04:11:21PM +0100:

> This is what I found:
> Despite of some modules which should, due to "yes no",
> not be selected I find them built and installed as
> modules.
> I also found that menuconfig did not save some of my
> changed values, so I prefer config and if I do that
> "by hand" it is all okay. But honestly, I hate to go
> through that, constantly typing no.
>
> I would like to hear your remarks.
> Thanks
>
> Erika

I have found that "Save Configuration to an Alternate File" in menuconfig
does not work. Just exit, and say yes to "Do you wish to save your new
kernel configuration?" then copy .config somewhere safe.

You can copy it back later and make oldconfig or menuconfig or whatever
and have the setting as you left them.

Richard

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org