Which package contains lex?

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Thu Nov 30 03:37:10 PST 2000

Yo,

On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 12:28:48PM +0100, Rudolf Floers wrote:
> run all configure sripts with --host=i386-pc-linux-gnu and modify the
> environment variables; install the packages into a subdirectory on your
> P166. then cp all the stuff you need to the i386 - you won't need a
> development environment on your i386 --> no gcc, no bison, etc., no or only
> special man/info pages (to save diskspace), no static libraries, no header
> files, no kernel source, and probably a lot more rules i'm not aware of.
> generally 500MByte is more than enough for your purposes, i've installed
> SuSE on a 250MByte HD (with XFree even).
> think of using nfs if you run out of disk space, it's very comfortable to me.

Generally speaking, without removing any packages from an LFS system,
that has just the packages that come with LFS (that is includes all the
devel stuff) it's just under 200MB (stripped, and clean, etc)

Once you get rid of some stuff, like an unpacked kernel source tree
that's takes out 15-20MB, etc, get rid of (most) of the development
tools you should be able to get real small.

-

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org