Which package contains lex?

Kaj Merten Berggreen webmaster at berggreen.de
Thu Nov 30 03:04:17 PST 2000

Lukas Mol schrieb:

> Beware: you will run into trouble later: the making of glibc needs
> lots and lots of room. I had problems myself using a 500 mb partition
> for lfs. I had to move and ln -s a lot of stuff to squeeze the glibc
> making on the lfs disk.
> Just mentioning it, because it's so nasty to discover this halfway
> your making of glibc (propably quite a few hours on a 386).

OK, so I could use my server for compiling as it has a Pentium 166 and
about 8 Gb of free harddisk space, but how can I produce binaries for
the 386 on that machine? And at which point will I have to move to the
target system?

BTW Is it absolutely necessary to have a special partition for the lfs
system? - It shall become the only system on the 386 besides a few Mb
partition with DOS for setup stuff. I want to completely replace the
SuSE Linux with it.

I know that these are extreme conditions, but I want to use my old
computer for typing some tex documents and email, should be possible
though it has only 8 Mb of RAM and no floppy or cdrom-drive, only a
network adapter.

Hej då, Kaj M.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org