/dev/dsp and /dev/mixer

Arnout Couperus llhorian at chello.nl
Thu Nov 30 01:15:03 PST 2000

I'm trying to get /dev/dsp and /dev/mixer because esound needs the first and my gkrellm volume plugin needs the second.
Problem is, MAKEDEV won't make them and I don't know the numbers for them.
I gather the commands for making them are something along the lines of
mknod -c number number /dev/dsp (or /dev/mixer)

So is this the right command? and what (major minor) numbers do these devices have/need?
I'm still a bit confused about mknod, even after reading the info and man pages.

--
Arnout

"Linux...different, but sexy nonetheless."

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org