Hints maintainer

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Wed Nov 29 00:19:00 PST 2000

Yo,

On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 08:46:00AM +0100, Hans-Dieter Stich wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 28, 2000 at 09:33:16PM -0500, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> >
> > So really the only big thing is that you need to read the mailinglists often
> > and be so kind to let me know when you can't maintain it anymore before we
> > end up in the current situation where we don't know what happened to Simon.
> >
> > Since more than one person have already shown interest in maintaining the
> > hints, I have to make a choice primarily based on how quick you can update
> > the archive after a hint has been posted (either new one or modified one). I
> > don't expect same-day service (although that would be great of course).
> > Within 2 to 3 days is reasonable to me.

Just a suggestion, considering everything works out tomorrow CVS will be
installed on mickey and cvs.linuxfromscratch.org will go online, i still
have to talk to Bryan, but he mentioned OAsis (a web-base CVS view ala
cvsweb developed by the CVS maintainers) which looks very promising.

Whomever takes over control (it doesn't have to be one person, this way,
we could easilly have multiple developers for the Hints, until the LFS
InfoSys is working) could use CVS, all Gerard would have todo (heck i'll
do it if he doesn't mind :) is make an extra cron job every 12 hours...
if you want the latest hints, download them from CVS, else the new ones
will be online in less then 12 hours...

Dunno... just a suggestion ;)

-

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org