Problems with samba

Julio Recalde julio at dk2net.dk
Tue Nov 28 08:11:28 PST 2000

Good evening gentlemen. I'm using samba 2.0.7 on my LFS sys, I get them up
using Jesse's script(I used to use the one provided by the src tree), but just as the former ones I cannot boot with them(with the proper links in rc2.d) because they require and enter after doing their job to get back to the shell and my init hangs up.
But the problems come when I try to use smbclient to 2 pcs running w2k and w98, I get this:

julio:~ # smbclient -L 192.168.1.20
added interface ip=192.168.1.10 bcast=192.168.1.255 nmask=255.255.255.0
session request to 192.168.1.20 failed (Called name not present)
session request to 192 failed (Called name not present)
Password:
Anonymous login successful
Domain=[STENSAGER] OS=[Windows 5.0] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]

        Sharename      Type      Comment
Error returning browse list: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)

        Server               Comment
        JULIO                Samba 2.0.7
        KAREN
        RUNE                 Siemens500