lfs basic install: binutils configure

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Nov 27 15:05:12 PST 2000

On November 27, 2000 04:21 pm, you wrote:
> Am Mon, 27 Nov 2000 schrieben Sie:
> > > So this is what i always see, maybe you can make more of it.
> > > thanks
> >
> > Is this happening in chapter 5  or in chapter 6 ?
>
> oh, how nice, someone, even the author of LFS, answering, so, its from
> chapter 5. Meanwhile i tried some more, looked for this file in my
> *homesystem*, tried configure without and with other options, installed a
> newer -10.1- package (which had a bfd-directory, also without
> configure.host, or is it homemade by configure?), searched for this
> filename in a lot of those packagefiles, maybe to #it out, but didnt find
> it so far, i still feel blind about it. ah, one more thing i noticed in the
> configure outputtext, line 3 + 4:
> ---------------
> Configuring bfd...
> No configuration information in bfd
> --------------------------
> i would really appreciate another hint at that, thank you for your help.

Start your package manager program or however you install packages on your
starting system and make sure you have all the available development packages
installed, including static libraries (static Glibc libararies), flex and
bison

If those are installed let us know. We'll try and debug your problem in more
detail then

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org