[Re: ed compile]

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Nov 27 13:19:00 PST 2000

On November 27, 2000 04:01 pm, you wrote:
> running /usr/bin/cpp in chroot quickly gives me over 100 processes which
> all appear to be cpp - I cancelled out after that but I assume it would
> continue to grow.  I have recompiled gcc again (non chroot of course) and
> it appears to still be doing the same thing.  Do I need to stat the install
> over?

This has been an  issue a long time ago. You are using the 2.4.3 version of
the book and not an old version like 2.2.x or 2.3.x ?

One thing I'd like you to do and that is to run: cpp -v 2> error-log

Let it run for a second or two abort and send us the error-log file

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org