[Re: ed compile]

Corey Cox sleepnir at usa.net
Mon Nov 27 13:01:10 PST 2000

running /usr/bin/cpp in chroot quickly gives me over 100 processes which all
appear to be cpp - I cancelled out after that but I assume it would continue
to grow.  I have recompiled gcc again (non chroot of course) and it appears to
still be doing the same thing.  Do I need to stat the install over?

Corey Cox.

> Now, while it hangs I run top and I see that I have a whole bunch of cpp
> processes.  In fact it looks like it just keeps respawning cpp - and then
> it never goes away.  I think if I leave it long enough it goes on but it
> still has too many copies of cpp running for compiling other things to
> work.  Anyone run into this before - it is kind of frustrating.

Run "/usr/bin/cpp" inside chroot. Wait a while and report what happens

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org