ed compile

Corey Cox sleepnir at usa.net
Mon Nov 27 08:04:33 PST 2000

I may have done something wrong on building the LFS pre-chroot but I've done
it twice and I'm still getting the same problem.  I've also brought down a new
image of ed.  So here is what is happening.  When I run:

 ./configure --prefix=/usr

My system hangs at:

  Checking whether we are using GNU C...

Now, while it hangs I run top and I see that I have a whole bunch of cpp
processes.  In fact it looks like it just keeps respawning cpp - and then it
never goes away.  I think if I leave it long enough it goes on but it still
has too many copies of cpp running for compiling other things to work.  Anyone
run into this before - it is kind of frustrating.

Corey Cox.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org