inst2rpm

C.D.McDiarmid cliffy at cliffhangers.screaming.net
Sun Nov 26 15:36:03 PST 2000

Does anyone have any experience of using this script as part of installwatch
on LFS?   I cannot get it past reading the log file that installwatch creates.
It looked like permission problem at first, but I'm sure it's not.   The errors
are as follows:

Getting file list...
Making fake source tree...
mkdir: cannot make directory `/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/karchiveur-2.0': No such file or directory
../inst2rpm: cd: /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/: No such file or directory
tar: Cannot add file karchiveur-2.0: No such file or directory
Building binary rpm...
File /usr/src/RPM/SOURCES/karchiveur-2.0.tar.gz: No such file or directory
Installing binary rpm...
error: cannot open file /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/karchiveur-2.0-pre6.i386.rpm: No such file or directory
The binary rpm package has been installed, and is now in
/usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/karchiveur-2.0-pre6.i386.rpm
If you ever wish to undo the installation of this package,
it can be done with a simple 'rpm -e karchiveur' command.

Many thanks

MAC

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org