Small Home Network

Michael Spratt michael at spratt.com
Sun Nov 26 09:48:07 PST 2000

Hi,

Routing isn't too difficult.  I have a similar setup myslef.  Most of the
work comes from trying to figure out what you need to do for your
particular setup.  I've posted a couple links to tutorials that might help
you.

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/tutorials/2100/1/
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/IP-Masquerade-HOWTO.html

I've seen this a couple times, so I'll clear this up if anyone is confused.
 If your linux box is *not* connected directly to the internet, then you do
not need forwarding or firewall support in your kernel.  All you have to do
is set the default gateway to the internet.  I was going to post my script
for doing this, but I see it's included in LFS 2.4.3 now.