XFree86 4.0.1 & Intel 810 chipset

Tom Cashman tom at cashmans.screaming.net
Sun Nov 26 09:47:23 PST 2000

Does anybody have any experience with this combination? I managed to get
XFree86 3.3.6 working fine with the Intel 810, by downloading the agpgart.o
module and the replacement X Server from intel's site.

I'm following the X 4.0.1 & KDE 2 hint from the lfs web site.

I've managed to compile agpgart.o for the 2.4 kernel, but I haven't managed
to configure XF86Config right at all. It looks like support for the i810 is
built into XFree86 4.0.1, so I don't think I have to replace the Xserver.
But if I put driver="i810" into XF86Config, it replies that the module i810
doesn't exist.

I was also looking around, (and can't remember the exact path, sorry), but
found a directory in something like /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/drivers/ which seemed
to have drivers for a lot of graphics cards, including the i740. But there
was no file for the i810. Is this the problem? And does it show that Xfree86
didn't compile / install support for the 810 chipset, somehow?

Thanks,
    Tom Cashman

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org