Problems Compiling CUPS

C . Delnooz chris at rhialto.cjb.net
Sun Nov 26 09:33:40 PST 2000

Hi,

i'm trying to compile CUPS 1.1.4 on my brand new lfs system but i get the
following error:

	In file included from gfile.cxx:33:
	gfile.h:108: syntax error before `*'

Checking this out I discovered a declaration of a type DIR caused the
error. I check on the output of configure learned:

	checking for dirent.h that defines DIR... (cached) no
	checking for sys/ndir.h that defines DIR... (cached) no
	checking for sys/dir.h that defines DIR... (cached) no
	checking for ndir.h that defines DIR... (cached) no
	checking for opendir in -lx... (cached) no

so i'm missing a headerfile defining the struct DIR.

Anyone ideas on  how to solve this? Where can I get one of the required .h
files?

And help is greatly appreciated

Chris

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org