lfs basic install: binutils configure

Dieter Maas Dieter.Maas at freenet.de
Sun Nov 26 03:35:22 PST 2000

Hi Peter,
i did what you proposed:
> Either try running
> ./configure --host=pc-i386-linux-gnu

and it produced the same error, see below, i installed also the autoconf and
automake packages in my "suse 7.0 host", which didnt make a difference.
I configured and compiled the bash-package, with no prob, before.
I used the commands proposed in the LFS-Text.

> Or post a more detailed error.
> Usually, all the lines of error are needed, not just one of them.
checking for Cygwin environment... no
checking for mingw32 environment... no
checking for executable suffix... (cached) no
../configure: ./../bfd/configure.host: No such file or directory
Configure in /mnt/usr/src/binutils-2.10.1/binutils failed, exiting.
So this is what i always see, maybe you can make more of it.
thanks

Dieter

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org