lfs basic install: binutils configure

Dieter Maas Dieter.Maas at freenet.de
Sun Nov 26 02:25:32 PST 2000

Is this the place to ask something about installation of the first packages in
LFS? I read so in the lfs-config archive, so i will just ask it:

After i did all the steps of making LFS-Partition, filesystem, dirtree,$LFS etc
bash-compilation,
i am stuck with configure of binutil-10, stops because:
.../bfd/configure.host not found. I searched my system for this file, read about
BFD, i am not an expert in bash programming, didnt analyse this configure file,
anyone have a  simple solution for this? Before i have to embark in
shellprogramming...
sorry for this newbienewbie question, but i tried for a whole day, downloaded
another version, what is this configure.host?

thanks

Dieter

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org