Copying Windows system using Linux

Steve Loft steve at nybbles.co.uk
Sat Nov 25 07:26:27 PST 2000

On Saturday 25 November 2000  2:25 pm, you wrote:

> if you haven't tried yet: format the partition with the windows-tool
> format, which should be on the win98 bootdisk.

Yes, I tried that before I tried the mkdosfs way.  If I do a "format c:
/s" I can then boot the partition. Once I go back into linux and copy
the files, I get the problems I described above.

I guess I could use a native DOS method of copying the files, but it
annoys me that I can't do it from Linux.

Steve

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org