Dynamically loading modules

Sanjuro E sanjuro_e at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 24 10:53:07 PST 2000

I compile all my kernels with Kmod support, but for
some reason it doesn't work. It won't load my
sounddriver when needed, neither it loads NVdriver
when starting X.

I "solved" the first problem by compiling the
sounddriver into the kernel instead of as module. But
this really isn't a solution and won't work for
NVdriver.

So why doesn't kmod load modules?

Sanjuro