About html mail

Mike Hildebrandt mikehild at insight.org
Fri Nov 24 08:54:27 PST 2000

> To all PPL using M$ Outlook, U should disable html (or worse,
> rtf) mail by
> going to Tools --> Options --> Mail Format tab, and then
> change to "plain
> text"  also uncheck the "use m$ word to edit.." idiocy

Here's the behaviour I've noticed with my copy of Outlook 2000.  Currently
it _is_ set to send RTF format email, and when I send myself a test email
through my office's internal MS Mail server it does indeed come through as
RTF.  If I send myself an email through the internet, it comes through as
plain text.  All the messages I've sent to the list show up as plain text as
well.

Perhaps not all M$ software is as dumb as I originally thought?  Don't get
me wrong though, this isn't enough to balance out with the other things I
dislike about it... ;)

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org