About html mail

SamBC sambc at nights.force9.co.uk
Fri Nov 24 07:24:27 PST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Julio Recalde" <julio at dk2net.dk>

> Hi. Gerard, would it be possible TO apply a filter to the lists and
send all the html mail straight to /dev/null?
> It's *really* annoying and a Bad Thing(tm), it TAKES longer to get the
messages.

This is true. However, as Gerard said, it would exclude some people who
don't know what their mail software is doing it is default in more than
just Outlook)

> Or else (with the hope that I won't sound arrogant) just discard all
the posts made from MS Outbreak.

Worst idea ever. Although this is a Linux-based list, a lot of people
use it from work, or university, or whatever, and many are thus forced
to use Win environments, & what is the most proliferant free mail
software for Windows?? You would exclude *FAR* too many people!!!

SamBC

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org