Parse errors in gcc

Arnout Couperus llhorian at chello.nl
Fri Nov 24 01:18:19 PST 2000

Okay I think it was the pgcc and Athlon gcc patches that caused the problem for some reason (even though they didn't in the static version).
I removed the gcc directories from /usr/src and unpacked again. This time I didn't apply any of the patches (neither pgcc nor agcc) and set the -march variable to i686 instead of athlon (which wouldn't work due to lack of the agcc patch) and this time it did compile without problems. I did get some warnings about pointers or something but no errors.
So you might want to discourage anybody from applying these patches for the dynamically linked version.

--
Arnout

And on the day of Thu, Nov 23, 2000 at 08:24:01AM -0500, Gerard Beekmans was heard defying the gods with the words: