configuring postfix

didbaba didbaba at .honjin.fr
Thu Nov 23 10:18:27 PST 2000

I use postfix for a while now, but it is not very well configured. Here is my problem :
Sorry if I ask some stupid question but I learn...

First the situation :
I've got one computer, a modem and a dial up connection. The hostname of my computer is takeda.
I choose a domain name honjin.fr
( historic : a honjin is like an hotel for the samurai warlords in the sengoku jidai, and takeda shingen is a famous warlord )
I haven't got any IP address because it's my provider (free.fr) who give me an IP, and it is different each time I connect to internet.

Secondly the problem :
When i write a mail, nobody can answer to my mail because the address is wrong :
my address is didbaba at free.fr
and on the mail there is "from didbaba at free.fr"               myorigin = free.fr in postfix/main.cf
but I do not find how to have "from : didbaba at free.fr", now I only have got "from : didbaba at .honjin.fr"

If I change my domain to free.fr, I've got "from : didbaba at free.fr" but I can't write to my friend at the address someone at free.fr

Third the solution :
Is the solution in IP_masquerading ? (maybe a stupid question)

thanks

--
didbaba