Gnome won't start Sawfish (fixed: sorta)

Conrad Christensen conrad.christensen at hq.room33.com
Thu Nov 23 02:21:10 PST 2000

I ran into exactly the same thing.  If I delete ~/.gnome everyting works
fine for a few sessions.  Then suddenly (possibly save session triggers
this) sawfish fails to start up with a new session.  If I start it manually
it sorta works ok, but my gnome-pager malfunctions (lists gmc processes as
active tasks etc).  This feels like a session manager problem to me.

If I do a ps -aux on my LFS box with sawfish started manually I get :

sawfish

in the process list.

on LFS when gnome started sawfish I get :

sawfish --sm-client-id=default2

And on my Redhat 6.2 with HelixCode

sawfish --sm-client-id 11ac110057000097186901500000154010031

Something is fishy here.

Conrad