khello not compiling

Jeffery McLean jeffery at meowpawjects.com
Thu Nov 23 00:02:36 PST 2000

I'm using a KDE develupers howto...
But the sample code khello dosn't compile...

Here is the compile line:

g++ -c -I$KDEDIR/include -I$QTDIR -fno-rtti khello.cc
g++ -L$KDEDIR/lib -lkdecore -lkdeui -lqt -o khello khello.o

It says:
/usr/i386-slackware-linux/bin/ld: cannot open -lqt: No such file or directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

What I gather this means is that it can't find the qt includes...

I symlinked them but it still can not find them...

I'm going nutz...

Is there something I'm doing wrong?
(It also might help to note I did compile KDE 2)

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org