glibc giving signal 11

Arnout Couperus llhorian at chello.nl
Wed Nov 22 01:33:58 PST 2000

Well here I am trying to install glibc on the LFS system and after about half an hour (sure seemed that long anyway :) I get the following error:

gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11
make[2]: *** [/lfs/usr/src/glibc-build/nis/nisplus-service.os] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/lfs/usr/src/glibc-2.1.3/nis'
make[1]: *** [nis/others] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/lfs/usr/src/glibc-2.1.3'
make: *** [all] Error 2

What does fatal signal 11 indicate? What went wrong here?

--
Arnout

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org