Compiling gawk

Dennis Leeuw dleeuw at made-it.com
Tue Nov 21 22:26:30 PST 2000

Hi all,

I just compiled gawk instead of mawk during a from scratch LFS.
Here is what I did, maybe it is useful to others. Some notes before the
data: you need to install m4 and autoconf before gawk!
And the networking-diff should NOT be used. I only get errors with that
one.

BTW sorry for the HTML code, but all my documentation is written like
this.

<b>download</b> ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gawk/
<b>file</b> gawk-3.0.6.tar.gz
<b>file</b> gawk-3.0.6-doc.tar.gz
<b>file</b> gawk-3.0.6-networking-diffs.gz
<b>file</b> gawk-3.0.6-ps.tar.gz
tar zxvf gawk-3.0.6.tar.gz<br>
tar zxvf gawk-3.0.6-doc.tar.gz<br>
../configure --prefix=/usr --datadir=/usr/share --infodir=/usr/share/info
--mandi
r=/usr/share/man<br>
make<br>
make install<br>
Sergey Ostrovsky: For his documentation<br>

Greetings,

Dennis Leeuw