gcc patch for glibc-2.2

Sergey Ostrovsky sostrovsky at snip.net
Tue Nov 21 21:18:08 PST 2000

Mike Hildebrandt wrote:

> Just wondering... Has anyone tried that patch with gcc source that has
> already been patched to pgcc (or vice versa)?  I want to build a new glibc
> 2.2 based system, but I'm concerned that the two patches might not be
> compatible.  I guess I could always go back to plain old gcc...
>
> --

The order of applying patches doesn't matter - they update non-intersecting
sets of files in gcc source tree. I applied first that patch from Steve Jones
and Fred Anger,
then pgcc-2.95.3., if that matters. With i586 you cand build everything with
-O6,
exept bash & net-tools with -O2.

Sergey Ostrovsky.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org