gcc patch for glibc-2.2

richard at reika.demon.co.uk richard at reika.demon.co.uk
Tue Nov 21 16:19:22 PST 2000

Misquoted from Harold Noad on Tue, Nov 21, 2000 at 05:17:45PM -0500:
> On Tuesday 21 November 2000 13:57, you wrote:
>
> > What makes me wonder is - where is glibc-crypt for 2.2?
>
> >      Ba-crypting.is.fun-lu
>
> To Ba-crypting.is.still.fun-lu
>
> From the glibc 2.2 FAQ.
>
> With glibc 2.2 the crypt add-on and with glibc 2.1 the localedata
> add-on have been integrated into the normal glibc distribution, crypt and
> localedata are therefore not anymore add-ons.

But berkley db  has been removed, so the nss-databases had to come out
as a separate package - nss_db-2.2.tar.bz2, to be installed after db.

Anyone got the resover in glibc-2.2 to do anything useful with /etc/hosts?
The internet runs fine with or without a caching name server, but the
local network will only resolve for ping, and not for ssh, ftp or wget 8-?

Richard

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org