About html mail

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Nov 21 13:06:39 PST 2000

On November 22, 2000 04:01 pm, you wrote:
> Hi. Gerard, would it be possible apply a filter to the lists and send all
> the html mail straight to /dev/null? It's *really* annoying and a Bad
> Thing(tm), it makes longer to get the messages. Or else (with the hope that
> I won't sound arrogant) just discard all the posts made from MS Outbreak.
> Thanks very much :-)

I think it's a bad thing to do that as well. A lot of people don't even
realize or know that HTML mail is being used. I rather tell the people about
it and ask to disable it (and if they can't or don't want to do it there are
other ways to not receive the mail). Though using KMail I don't always notice
the HTML mail (I have it ignored and just display the plain text portion of
the email if present). I'll try to keep a closer look on it and take action

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org