Athlon optimizations

Thinus Pollard thinusp at olienhout.org.za
Tue Nov 21 06:15:45 PST 2000

i used -O3 *everywhere* and had no problems. On the safe side, go with -O --
should keep you out of trouble -- but if you've got the time and energy,
play around a bit and see what works and what doesn't.

I'm running a Duron 600 (same core as the T-bird athlon), and used "-O3
mcpu=i686 march=i686" with great success.